Friday, January 11, 2008

Apurva Agnihotri-कुछ कुछ होता है

I have rarely seen Apoorva in the past except for Pardes and the drunken Armaan days. I got interested when I saw the arrogant Dev Pratap Singh -maybe because he reminds me of Mr.Darcy- my favorite hero from the teenage days. I am also watching Jassi these days and find that he portrays a different kind of arrogance as Armaan Suri. And I discovered recently from my long conversations with Ananya-who claims to be his biggest fan-that he writes poetry.And maybe that's when I connected to my favorite actor this season. As he turns n years old(I really don't know) today- Here's to Apoorva Agnihotri.

What's hidden beneath those eyes?

The lad from Kanpur decided to fly high
To become a pilot and soar through the skies.
Fate brought him to the world of entertainment
A place where his dad has many accomplishments

He featured as a rich brat in Mukta arts Creation
Was welcomed by desis and pardesis from all nations
He thought "This is a good start to get my feet wet"
"I am in the limelight, but have I arrived yet?"

So he worked hard on a few movie ventures
They were Ok but nothing was the clincher
So after a career of unsuccessful movies
He decided to step in the world of TV

The soap watchers discovered the Armaan Suri
जिसे देखे बिना किसी कि नींद होती नही पूरी
Though Jassi was the darling of everyone's eye
But when they laid eyes on Armaan, they let out a sigh

They followed the arrogant Casanova for a year
And supported him through his insecurities and fears
When he chose to dream big, they dreamt with him too
When his eyes talked, the viewers appreciation grew.

But then he did something that broke everyone's heart
He found his significant other and tied the sacred knot
The darling man of the nation was hitched for sure
So all the ladies tagged Armaan in search for their cure

Well Jassi was fine, but everyone loved to talk about Armaan
And they analyzed high and low, this प्यारा सा खोया सा इंसान
They followed him to Naintal, Goa and even to Kuala Lumpur
To follow a story that the audience loved to the core.

And now he comes to us as the recluse Dev Pratap Singh
With a new role, different emotions his character brings
But his eyes are the same, and volumes they speak.
The panorama of emotions makes the audience go weak.

The romance, the passion,the pain portrayed in his eyes
Has helped the introvert star reach for the new highs
These eyes will speak behind the camera one day
And I am sure then too, they will have a lot to say.

Here's wishing Apoorva a very Happy Birthday. May all your dreams come true. A poet at heart will surely have beautiful stories to tell.
Best wishes
Tania

No comments: