Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I am harvesting my bagful of memories!


I think the most cherished memory of my child is when she did a somersault and said “Mama look at me!”. It just made me all mushy inside. And then the other day, when she found a colorful eraser that was dropped by someone, she had the understanding what was the right thing to do even though she was tempted to do otherwise. I think she will grow up to be a fine young lady. But until then, I will keep on making memories with her.

The Empty Nester

I held her in my arms one bright spring afternoon
Her nose crinkled, eyes closed looking like the moon
How the years ahead will shape up I am not so sure
Will I be a cool mom, or will I be a plain old bore

A year passes and the baby steps seem everywhere
If you call her, she suddenly spring from nowhere
I have done OK, have not pulled my hair off yet
Wait till she turns a teen, other parents seem to bet.

When she is two, she is a very shy baby I am told
I worry, Will she assert herself, will she be bold
But she seems so sure of herself in things she does
I push the thought away; she is having fun and is abuzz

When she is three she loves to paint on every paper
Will she learn her ABCs, will her drawings taper?
But she has an imagination vivid, just like her dad
Maybe she will turn out smart, that makes me glad

At four, she is a gymnast, she is jumping all around.
Oh no, there goes my sofa, that thought seems to hound
But when she does that somersault and says "Mamma look at me"
My heart swells up with pride, and I want everyone to see.

She turned five a few months back, she skates and swims
She dances like a dream, but she still wants to go to the gym
Her teachers tell me, that her perseverance amazes them
I wonder "Why not, she is after all my precious little gem."

I think I am a blessed with a child that seems to enjoy.
Everything that she does, even be it her imaginary toy
The years seems to go by, I can't seem to hold them back
More time is what I need, time is what I seem to lack

So if you come to my home and see things a little haywire
Its just that I am enjoying my baby before I plan to retire
One day you will surely see things all pretty in their place
But then I will be an empty nester, the bird has left the nest.

My little princess, here’s a song that always remind me of you.

In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes
I love you, always.
Mamma

No comments: