Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A tempest rages in me- A sonnet


An old poem written in a sonnet form, finding a new place.
Agonies of a Repentant Soul!
Unforgettable, yes the night was,when we became one
I'm not sure if I took advantage of your vulnerability
Why don't I trust my heart, why is there an insecurity?
Why do I feel we have just ended everything we begun?
There's a tempest raging in my heart and my soul,
On how can I shield you from a truth thats bitter,
I want to escape from it, but I am not a quitter;
I wonder, "Can I hold you in my hands and can I console?"
Maybe you were meant to be with me, yes destiny it was.
Do I have a future with you, do I still stand a chance?
I shouldn't let my bitter past darken my beautiful present.
You have stood by me an beared the burden of all my faults
We have come to share things together,sometimes a stolen glance.
Perhaps things will be fine, perhaps there will be nothing to resent.

No comments: