Wednesday, February 6, 2008

What will this Valentine bring?



Note: This was written last year to commemorate our 10th Valentine.

My third Valentine gift was a poem written by my husband. Twas beautiful and it still makes me a bowlful of mush when I read it.Here's what he wrote for me.


Valentine 2000

Snow falls on the pines outside,
The air is fresh and love is in the air.
Here, my sweetheart you are so close,
Without you, I was extremely morose.
As we snuggle close to each other,
On the West Side of the Clinton river.
The magic of love is so endearing,
We hold hands and no words spoken.
Yet in a million years, we are never separate,
We travel together in the dreams of eternity.
Love for us is so unspoken, so understood,
We just held hand and watch the wood.
I may loose everything in life's race
But as long as I have you my valentine,
I will constantly float on cloud nine.
With wings you will join my quest
It will be along an endearing conquest.

So as I sit to write on this Valentine eve, I look back at the years spent together, the stolen moments, the tempestuous arguments, the making up afterwords, reminiscing the past and dreaming about the future- it has been one hell of a journey. This year is noteworthy as this is my 10th Valentine with my fellow traveller.Yes travellers we are, in search of something that will bring peace.Kind of like the mrigatrishna- will the thirst be satisfied? Here's to you Snehasis, for the rebel that you are and the sense of humor that you have, for sharing ten eventful years with me.


What will this Valentine bring?

Will this Valentine bring new awakening?
Will this bring dreams for a new beginning?
Will it hold the charm of the beginning years?
Or will it hold apprehension and unkown fears

Will you be there through tough times with me?
Or will you just shirk and shy away from me?
The road looks darker, but light seems at the end
Will we brave together, or take different bends?

Will you be my beacon and light my away?
Or will you shut the doors and stay away?
Life is tough and the journey seems tougher
Will you brave the paths by being together?

Do you think we will fulfil that dream one day?
Of taking that boat on lake Eerie and sailing away
Will you ride my Harley with me to key west?
Will you fulfill that promise of endearing conquest?

Maybe love is not so unspoken any more
Maybe love needs to be shaken to the core
Love seems to be competing with life's race
Can we chase love, Can we reembrace?

Happy V day.
Tania

No comments: